What To Do About Amazon Unauthorized Purchases On Your Credit Card
Hi, I'm Emmanuel. I work with E Commerce brands ranging from small health brands to billion dollar camera companies, helping them remove the most stubborn of unauthorized sellers. I take care of your minimum advertised price map. I'll be glad to guide you on your journey as you clean up your marketplace, once and for all.
You might be wondering why there is an unknown Amazon purchase on your credit card. In particular, it could be an unknown or unauthorized Amazon Digital Svcs charge. If this is the case, you can check the Your Digital Orders section in your Amazon account because it is indicated there.
Amazon.com actually has Amazon Digital Services as part of its platform. Commonly, an unknown Amazon charge applies to the apps that you use. You should take a look at the apps that have been downloaded on your device because you might have paid for some of them. If there is an error, you can contact Amazon Customer Support so that it can be removed
Unknown Amazon Prime Charges
If you are an Amazon Prime member, the monthly fee is typically a recurring charge if you have subscribed to the Kindle Free Time service, if intended for one child. If it is for the use of up to 4 kids, there would be monthly charges of $6.99 for access to your preferred series and kindle books. Your subscription to the Kindle unlimited service will entail a $9.99 Amazon digital services charge.
Initially, you will enjoy a free trial period for subscribing to Amazon Prime. However, after this, you will be charged an annual membership that costs $99.00. If you wish to opt out of this service to steer clear of the charges, you can go to the "Manage Your Prime Membership" page and cancel your Amazon Prime subscription.
If you have downloaded the Hulu app, you will be charged of $8.75, normally after its trial period has expired. If you tried using the Hulu app through Amazon, you might also have activated the auto renewal feature for the subscription service.
There are other potential reasons for unknown charges on your credit card from Amazon. It could happen if you have downloaded a game, or other software such as Microsoft Office, PhotoShop, or Turbo Tax, among others. A pre-ordered book to enjoy audio series and kindle can result in an authorized charge as well, or if you want to avail of movies TV shows original, you can be charged without notice for your Amazon TV subscription. MP3's you may have tried that shows original audio series could pull an unknown payment, along with a video purchase for music movies tv shows and more. It would be helpful if you look through the settings located in the "Manage Your Content and Devices" section in your account.
Not following the instructions when you have borrowed from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can have you charged unknowingly for using a free book. These and a host of other factors can make you pay Amazon without your knowledge.
How To Prevent Unknown Charges For Amazon Digital Services
For one thing, you should have a working email linked to your Amazon account. If you do so, Amazon will notify you by email (as a customer), if you have made an Amazon digital purchase. Likewise, you can look into your Amazon account and deactivate the 1-click checkout along with the 1-click check out for digital content. The one-click feature is actually activated by default, so in case someone or your kids purchases an item, it would be charged to your credit card. Turning the one-click option off would require more steps to carry out for purchasing something, and your kids are likely unable to do it.
What About Fraudulent Purchases?
For the most part, unauthorized charges at Amazon digital services happen by accident, and these can be rectified when you report them to Amazon, or do pertinent transaction with your bank. Amazon will help you with these issues by contacting their customer support and phone number. Take note of the details so that you can be clear about your complaint.
Then again, there are many instances in the same way when the said purchases are fraudulent because an unknown party may have hacked your account and purchased something.
What To Do If Your Amazon Account Gets Hacked
The following are 6 things you must do immediately if someone has hacked your Amazon account.
- Change your password at once. Log in to your Amazon account immediately and click on Accounts & Lists, then go to Your Account, and then proceed to Login & Security. When setting your new password, make it a series of random letters and numbers. Don't place actual words on it. Note your new password down and keep it safe. Do the same thing to the email account that you have linked to your Amazon account.
- Look over the information in Your Account. This is to verify if certain details and options have been altered. Particularly check the linked credit cards, the shipping address, and the billing address. Take a good look at the email address and the phone number. Make sure that they are the correct details. If any information has been changed, screen capture it first, and then correct it. Then call the Amazon security department to report that your account has been breached.
- Scrutinize the Purchase History details (especially the Archived Orders). Go over your order history on your Amazon account. and make sure that you recognize the recent ones. Particularly scrutinize the "archived orders" section because this is where hackers tend to hide fraudulent purchases. You can find this section on "Ordering and Shopping Preferences".
- Turn on the Amazon 2-Step Verification process. Enabling the 2-Step Authentification feature of your Amazon account makes it harder to hack into. This feature lets Amazon send you a text message containing a security code to be able to access your account.
- You might want to un-link credit cards. It's better to un-link all payment methods on your Amazon account. When you do so, you will be required to enter your card info whenever you make a purchase. This will make it harder for someone to hack into your account and make a lot of purchases.
- Inspect all of your credit card accounts. Look into the information on all the credit cards that are linked to your Amazon account. See to it that there are no unauthorized purchases indicated on them.
Don't Have the Time to Do It Yourself?
Let us Take Care of Your Monitoring & Enforcement
The first step in removing unauthorized sellers is spotting them on your listings and that is exactly what the Brand Alignment Monitoring Dashboard will do for you. With price updates every 3 hours and inventory totals for every seller on every listing, you will get the most complete picture possible of your brand on every major online marketplace.
Of course, the most important step in removing unauthorized sellers is prevention and enforcement. This is where Brand Alignment is leagues above the competition when it comes to map enforcement software.
- 1Clear over 80% of unauthorized sellers: Brand Alignment will make a custom strategy for your brand reputation to ensure the highest rates of removal
- 2Control Your Authorized Channels: Daily emails informing you of authorized channel violations and price cascading events
- 3Risk-Free Guarantee: Brand Alignment is so confident in their removal rates, that we will create a custom guarantee for every brand. We will remove x% of sellers or you have the option to terminate the contract early
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Free Marketplace Evaluation
Will Enforcement Solutions Work for My Brand?
In short, the answer is Yes.
We have had our 80%-90%+ enforcement rates in every single industry we have worked in. That includes the following:
- Consumer Electronics
- Apparel and Shoes
- Health & Beauty
- Sports & Outdoors
- Mobile Phone Accessories
- And More
As you are already aware, each industry has their own bells and whistles. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about enforcement in your industry.
Are There Any Risks Involved With Enforcement?
Brand Alignment gives the brand the option of using their own personal cease & desist letters or the option to customize Brand Alignment's proven high performance Cease & Desist letters. These letters were crafted by Intellectual Property lawyers with a full focus on minimizing liability.
Any infringement complaints filed by Brand Alignment are done with the utmost care and transparency. We do not file counterfeit complaints without test buys and approval from the brand. Our trademark complaints are done with caution and all bases covered.
Finally, in this world, anybody can sue anybody for anything. But it does not mean it will stand up in court. There is nothing we can do to prevent frivolous lawsuits from disgruntled sellers. However, we do everything we can to prepare you to have any case against you quickly dismissed. After two years in business, we are proud to say that neither us or any of our brands have had any legal issues of any kind related to our service.
Brand Alignment vs The Competition
If you are new to shopping for a brand protection provider, it might be confusing to tell the difference between companies. It might sound like everybody offers the same type of monitoring and enforcement. This could not be further from the truth.
How Much Money Are You Losing By NOT Switching to Brand Alignment?
How Much Money In Sales Are You Losing Each Year Due to a Lack of Quality Brand Protection?
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Free Marketplace Evaluation
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our "Brand Alignment Enforcement Guarantee". If we don't reach the custom benchmarks that we agree upon during negotiation, we will give you the option to terminate the contract and you will not be charged any further.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Get Started?
Our on-boarding period takes between 1-2 weeks depending on the amount of custom work required.
I Have More of a Counterfeit Problem Than a Grey Market Problem. Can You Help?
Currently, our specialty is grey market sales. If you are dealing primarily with counterfeits or knockoffs, we recommend speaking to a IP Takedown service instead. If you are interested in both, our services compliment IP Takedown software very well.
Do You Work With Third Party Vendors or Only Directly With Brands?
In the past we worked with 3rd party vendors, however due to liability concerns we now only work directly with brands. We do offer a referral commission so please feel free to contact us if a brand you work with needs help with brand protection.
What Are Your Enforcement Rates on Other Marketplaces Besides Amazon?
We do not offer removal guarantees for other marketplaces, however it is not uncommon to see removal rates on Walmart or Rakuten in the range of 50%-90%
My Grey Market Problem Extends Outside the USA. What Can You Offer?
We LOVE investigating international grey market trade. Contact us about the countries you would like to monitor and enforce, and we will be glad to help.
I Had a Bad Experience With My Last Brand Protection Provider, Why Will You Be Any Different?
We understand your concerns. We are aware of many unhappy brands who have worked in the past with our competitors.
We can talk all day about how we are different, but instead we would like to show you with our Brand Alignment Enforcement Guarantee. Contact us to learn more.
P.S.: Due to the constant changing nature of online marketplaces, our Enforcement Guarantee is a limited time offer.
Please contact us now to ensure you are locked in with your guarantee.
Read Our Other Articles!
Co-Founder of Brand Alignment
About the Author
Emmanuel is among the world's leading cybersecurity experts in online grey market monitoring and removal. With a focus on proactive brand protection, he advises some of the most recognizable global brands in prevention and removal.
One of the four Co-Founders of Brand Alignment, Emmanuel has led the charge in the removal of nearly $10 million in unauthorized inventory from Amazon alone in the last year.
For questions about how Emmanuel can help your marketplace, he can be reached directly at [email protected]
Copyright - Brand Alignment
All Rights Reserved 2020